Sunday, October 31, 2010
Halloween
Hello everyone of the Internet and vast distances! Happy Halloween! Although in my world it's not exactly happy, more depressing. I only had one group of kids, all adorable and greedy for candy (I was tempted to give them change and reward them for their greediness, hehe) and that was it. How depressing! And I love kids! Oh well. Maybe next year I'll be somewhere where there'll be tonnes of kids wanting candy. It's almost better than Christmas, wouldn't you say? Instead of blenders and books and electronics, you get candy. The perfect holiday in my mind!

Anyway, I really came on here to rant about my novel that I'm working on, "Danny" - I finished the first chapter last night and I took it upon myself to revise it before working on the second chapter, and I did not realize whatsoever how much effort had to go into revising a single chapter (although this one is fairly long, it's 26 pages double-spaced, which would otherwise make it approximately 13 pages, 7 pages double-sided)! There were so many things that I had forgotten about my characters that i had to go back and rewrite some sections. Which is why, after my jaw surgery, I'm going to take full advantage of having the 2-week-down time and WRITE WRITE WRITE. I plan to at least finish four more chapters, Lord knowing how long they'll be, but regardless, that extra little boost in this project will help me to determine what happens in the novel. I know for a fact that a death has to take place... But which characters do I take out? I'll have to plan that further.

Which brings me to my next subject: I've found a publishing group that happily takes in gay/lesbian literature, so I'm excited to send them my novel because I have that much of a higher chance to get it going with something; the only concern I have is that I think they're based in the States. But I can always arrange things to make it work; I always do. But I'm highly hopeful of this project as this story is a brainchild of mine and I want to see it through to adulthood (LOL do you like my creative and literal use of "brainchild"?).

Speaking of jaw surgery, I might as well go on a rant about that too: I'm going for jaw surgery TOMORROW MORNING (no! please don't say it so!) and what my surgeon will be doing is moving my lower jaw forward as I have a horrible overbite and not only will the jaw surgery correct my overbite but it will help to prevent my teeth from moving after the braces come off, and if I'm correct I won't have to wear a retainer for an annoying length of time, which will help my moving-out experiences come together more smoothly. Some people don't understand why I'm getting jaw surgery but let's just say this: my entire experiences of orthodontics (braces) have been geared towards this jaw surgery, so the jaw surgery is a vital finalizing part of my ortho. Then it's another six useless and pointless months of visiting my orthodontists in Penticton to get my teeth just that every bit perfect, in which in my opinion they already ARE perfect. But oh well; we'll see what happens.

For those of you who also don't know why I'm moving, I'll make it short as I've got to start getting my room ready for flawless movement in and out of it (it's a bloody pigsty right now): my mother and I have been going at each other's necks again, and one night she got so violent with her words, even stated that I must be jealous of her and her good looks which threw me completely mad, that I said, that's it, I've had it. I cannot do anything around her - the reason why I haven't made any more makeup tutorials is because I absolutely record a tutorial in her presence without her criticizing me for it; I can't even be BOTHERED to fix myself a daily dose of makeup; and I can't spread my wings of creativity around her and the only time I can is during the weekend when she's at work, but I don't like waiting for the weekend. I need to be my own individual, and the closer my mother reels me in, the more it's driving me to a certain point of insanity. But regardless of her inability to accept my COMPLETE homosexuality (yes, I do put makeup under my homosexuality, but I think if I was straight I still would wear makeup regardless) I do still love my mother; the good times that we've shared are the ones that I hold onto the most. I do still want my mother to be in certain parts of my life so that's the other reason why I'm moving out, is so I can save our relationship; besides, every chick has to leave the nest sooner or later, right? So I'll be moving up to Kelowna, staying there until I have enough money to move again to Vancouver or Toronto (I'm still undecided of which one I want to move to) and commence work as well as school in the makeup artistry field. It's going to be a thrilling experience and I'll keep you guys posted as to how it goes!

Okay! Enough ranting! I need to go for a cigarette and clean my room! (I know, right? 10:40pm at night and I'm planning on cleaning my room now?).

Love you all! Stay gold!

- Colten.
xoxo
0 Comments:

Post a Comment