Wednesday, December 15, 2010
One Who Receives Hate Should Not Pass It On
Hey everyone! Again, sorry that I haven't done a blog post in a while but I just recently got sick and I've been under the weather for the past three days - and what a long three days it has been, so nothing new and exciting has happened in my world yet.

However, something very exciting and more or less juicy in somebody else's world has just been brought to my attention.

So I was just on my Facebook page and looking at my home page when an article by FCKH8.com was posted. What FCKH8 had said, to grab my attention, was, "FCK Sarah "Bully" Palin: Douche Says She's OK with Daughter Calling Kid "Faggot" on the Facebook WTF?!" So I said, Hmm. What's this all about? I read the posted article and became outraged! The excuses some people make just drive me up the wall!

The story behind this was that apparently Palin's daughter, Willow, 16 years old, was hearing a lot of hateful things about her family and whatnot - although you have to admit, Sarah Palin's views and opinions are kind of out-of-this-world (and mine probably are too but at least I'm not going to the media and broadcasting my opinions) - and so Willow decided that it would be fine and dandy to call her classmate, who happened to be straight, a "faggot". WHAT?! And then! in Willow's defence, Palin comes back with this:
"People probably think that my greatest frustration is the lies that are told in the tabloids and on hateful blogs full of anonymous sources about my family, and there are constant everyday lies that we have to read that are out there in the public. But my family and I…thick skin…we can take it, you know…we can take what the haters say despite the fact that there’s injustice in the situation. I mean, look at the other day. Willow, finally, my 16 year old, she had had it up to here with somebody saying very, very hateful things about the family and saying mean things about her little brother Trig, and Willow finally responded and she used a bad word when she responded in defense of her family. And her response became national news, even hard news copy it turned into, so that’s ridiculous and I had to explain to her, 'Willow, there is no justice here but you have to just zip your lip and let’s move forward.'"
WHERE on EARTH does a MOTHER get away with this? I'm sorry, Sarah, but this just doesn't fly with me. Your daughter had no right to call somebody a "faggot" behind a computer monitor. Just because your family is receiving hate does not mean that you should allow your children to pass it on. This situation could have been handled in a completely different manner, and instead of calling somebody a "faggot", Willow could have said, "Could you can it? Seriously, I'm getting fed up with everybody saying bad things about my family." Although, if Sarah hadn't commenced her reality TV show, I'm sure things would be much, much more different.

Have you ever noticed that when people are just desperate for attention to be able to say their opinions, things usually turn sour for that person? It amazes me at how some people are just so blinded by their views and their opinions that they think the whole world has to know about them. Puh-leeze! There's probably a very good reason why nobody wanted to hear your views and opinions in the first place - because it's a waste of breath with how ridiculous it is!

And whatever happened to, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all"? We learned that in grade 3 for God's sake! So why, when we become teenagers and young adults (and by young adults I mean 18 - 25 years of age, not 12 - 15 which is considered a tween), we throw that very wise advice out the window and start hating on people who don't even deserve it? I mean, yeah, okay, Sarah Palin has some very outrageous opinions, but does that mean that we have to hate on her? She didn't get into presidency nor did she even make it into politics, which is why she is still living in Alaska ... so why do we keep making fun of her? If she had gotten anywhere in the election, fine - I can understand where this mocking comes from because Americans want her out of the U.S. government, but she hasn't really gotten anywhere, has she? I didn't think so.

If somebody is receiving hate, it's not because of karma, it because of the obvious desperation for attention.

That's just like somebody (ONE person) had told me that, in my attempt to start a Canadian-run campaign, I was desperate for attention. Uh, no I'm not! If I was desperate for attention, I would not have started a campaign to fight against homosexual hate - I would have started a campaign to end hate against ME. But I didn't. I started my campaign to do a selfless thing, and that was to help others. Whilst the number of people who are joining in on my campaign, there is so far a total of 350+ people who are willing to do my campaign. About 150+ of those people I don't even know... So my campaign obviously does not have just people that are friends of mine or who knew me because we went to the same high school ... It's because people want to help others, which is why the campaign's Event wall has only seen nothing but positive attitudes, instead of negativity.

Okay. I think I'm done my rant now. It's just something I had to get off my chest because, as I've said many times over and over again ... some people just drive me bananas with their actions, beliefs, opinions and views.

Stay gold everyone! And please, for God's sake, do NOT hate on somebody who doesn't deserve it.
- Colten. xoxo
0 Comments:

Post a Comment