Friday, December 17, 2010
A Very Merry ... Early Christmas?
Hel-looooooo everyone! So the holiday season has officially begun in my world, I'm not sure about yours -- maybe it started three weeks ago when the dastard excuse of a radio began playing Christmas music? -- but school has slowed down and stopped and Christmas break has begun.

And let me just say that people's kindness, care and generosity continually boggles my mind. I'll tell you why.

On Thursday, not only was it the last day of school at the Learning Center but it was also the day of the Christmas potluck -- and what a feast it was! There was more food than anybody could handle! If I didn't know any better, I'd almost say that nearly everyone brought something, which is more than what we needed! Anyway, so two things had been preplanned (and in my case, there were three things that had been preplanned): the first was the naming of Student of the Month, which sadly I did not get (but I'm starting to wonder if they have a rule at the Center for only being dubbed Student of the Month once a year?) but I'm okay with that. Then, there was a "Christmas raffle" in which a student would put their name in and they would win a prize of a YouLearn.ca book bag (very handy!) and a box of chocolates (the Belgian ones ... the best!) - and I did manage to win that one (and immediately I felt guilty for some unknown reason when my name got called).

Then, unexpectedly, Barbara Derksen, a very nice woman whom I've grown fond of, suddenly asked my mother and I to "step aside". My heart kind of flew into my mouth and my pulse began to race, because I had no idea what was going on and, if anything, I thought I was in deep trouble for something -- though what it was, as I quickly racked my brain, I couldn't think of anything. Then Barbara pulls out a London Drugs plastic bag, and in that bag was a newly bought (and unwrapped) Wacom Bamboo tablet for my laptop.

Never had I seen it coming, and it was a good thing I had finally pulled myself from my room that Thursday morning, applied my makeup and ran out the door, otherwise I wouldn't have gotten it until after Christmas!

It's always so good to know people plan things for you behind your back. Thankfully, I mean that in a good sense of the phrase.

I love my palette! I haven't stopped using it since I've opened it and am very excited to get going on some serious projects. I am honestly blessed with the people I'm surrounded by -- I just wish there was some way I could thank them to let them know I really do appreciate what they've done. Maybe I'll do a painting. :'D

Other than that, I still have a horrid cough that won't go away and it probably won't for another two weeks, which means that I'm going to be coughing my way through Christmas. Thankfully, though, the coughing has calmed down somewhat so I'm not coughing every five minutes like I was two days ago. And it could be much worse -- I could have the chicken pox! I used to get chicken pox every Christmas when I was living in Cranbrook. I think it wasn't until I was about 7 that they stopped - thank gosh for that!

Anyways, I don't think you guys will hear from me soon until the new year (unless something happens that either makes me overjoyed, angry or very sad) so until then, have a MERRY CHRISTMAS and a very HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Stay gold everyone!
-Colten. xoxo
0 Comments:

Post a Comment