Tuesday, December 28, 2010
Monday Makeup #2 - Who Says Green Means Jealousy? Makeup Look
Hey guys! I'm coming back again with another tutorial, and the only reason why I'm coming back so soon is because I'll be gone for the weekend and I won't have access to all of my stuff (I don't even know if I'll have time to blog!) so I'm just going to get this up onto my blog and then it'll be ready for next Monday. Mmm, I suddenly smell yummy deliciousness...

All right, so as you can see in the picture above this look is a very pretty smokey-like green look. I've known ever since I was about 14 that green does not look good on me whatsoever. But when I was applying a specific green eyeshadow from my 120-color palette for a makeup look on my Youtube page, I fell in love with the color and had to do a whole look just based from this one color. So, without further adieu, let's get to the tutorial!

Now, I first have to admit that nothing was really going right for me when I was taking the pictures today. I didn't realize that my camera battery was running low and next thing I knew, the thing was literally dying in my hands ... which wasn't as tragic as it sounds. So I'll try my best to make sure you guys understand what I'm trying to direct you to do.


So as pictured here I've already got all of my foundations and powders on. Both the liquid and cream foundations, as well as the pressed powder, are by Revlon: the thin layer of liquid is Revlon's ColorStay foundation and the cream foundation, which I've applied on top of the liquid foundation, is Revlon's OneStep mineral foundation, with a foundation brush. I then applied a generous amount of Revlon's translucent powder over top of the foundation, using a bronzing brush to "stamp" the translucent powder on. I applied my Rimmel bronzer with a different bronzing brush at my temples and about an inch under my natural cheekbones, darkening the cheeks, my chin and my jaw line, and also applied it on my neck. The blush, by Hard Candy (which you buy at Walmart now), I applied on my cheekbones with a medium powder brush and the apples of my cheeks. (Yes, I did copy-and-paste this paragraph from the last post. Fun stuff!)


So first what I decided to do is to prime my eyes with Rimmel London's creme shadow... I'm not to sure what this one is, it's a grey one -- anyway, I recommend you NOT do this as the look began to crease (meaning the powders started slipping into a thin line where my lid rested when my eyes were open) as I was still working on the look. Instead, I recommend using Bloom's eye base/primer (which you can buy at London Drugs) or using a matte white cream shadow (Revlon makes a really nice one from their Illuminance palette Black Magic).

Then I used these colors...
I will tell you now that the greens pictured here (except the one on the very right and the purples) and the second silver from the left I used for this look... I wasn't able to take pictures of the other colors I used (a sparkly white and the sooty-colored silver from the previous blog post) because I was panicking about my camera dying... Sorry! I promise it won't happen again. :c

So anyway, I used the two greens in the center of the picture and used the one on the left (not the pine green one but the one that looks like a little bit of gold was mixed in as well) just on my lid with a medium shadow brush...



And then I applied the green to the right of the goldy-green everywhere else, as pictured below, with a small-medium brush...


Take note that I also applied the shadows on the lower lash line as well.

And now here comes the fun part--creating more depth! This bit is fun in my opinion because you really start to see the look come together.



As pictured above, I took that pine-green color that you see on the very left on the green section and used a small amount with the sooty-colored silver and applied that on the very outer corner of the eye with a small shadow brush.

Just for kicks, I decided to apply the sparkly white in the corner of the eye with a different small shadow brush, as well as just underneath my brow with a large fluffy brush...




As you can also see I added a light silver to the very top of the look, just to give it that gradient effect as well.

Then came the lining of the eyes and mascara! I'm pretty sure this is simple and I don't have to go into too much detail over this. Y'all know how to apply eyeliner and mascara, right?


In these pictures as well, you can see the look creasing already... Pretty sad, eh? Never again, let me tell you. I think I'm going to go throw that stuff out; I hardly use it anyway.

And that's the look! I hope you guys enjoyed and if you have any requests please leave me a comment! I'll get to the look as soon as I can! Somehow I think I'm going to become the next Queen Blogging Bee. More on that later.

Have a gorgeous day! Stay gold!
- Colten.
xoxo

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment